Thursday, May 3, 2007

Spam in Rogers Park

Teaching people how to deal with spam, preventing spam, sanctioning spammers, is pretty much my full time job. So, I find it particularly disappointing that one of my neighbors seems to be spamming people with this DFA "open letter to Don Gordon," trying to get him to back off from his election challenge.

I'm reserving judgment on the whole Don Gordon aldermanic election challenge itself, for now. This isn't about the merits of the argument. This is about forcing your views on people who didn't ask for them.

Spam is wrong. It's the online equivalent of the unwanted garbage that litters our sidewalks. Why would somebody knowingly send spam?

2 comments:

Laurie Ruettimann said...

I'm not sure why anyone would knowingly pay attention to the Aldermanic races in Chicago.

But hey, I'm a product of the machine. I can admit it.

Al Iverson said...

I guess I haven't lived here long enough to know how much attention to pay to them, quite yet.

Best way to learn is to listen to those around me. Problem is, there's a lot of random screaming around me; i's making it quite hard to sort the intellectual wheat from the chaff.